From Pecans to Peaches

Closing the Teach For America Blogging Gap
Feb 04 2013

GACE

Today is the day I get my GACE (Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators) scores. Sometime between 5 and 10 PM I’ll have an email in my inbox as to whether I will be teaching secondary math in June or if I’ll be paying a ton of money to go back to Georgia to take the exams again.

I’m pretty nervous. Each exam consists of 60 multiple choice questions making up 80% of the score and 2 short answer questions combined to make up the remaining 20% of the score.

On one exam I feel like I got most of the multiple choice questions easily, but I know I messed up one of the short answers (I’ve never taken a statistics class…). On the other, I feel like I did relatively well on the multiple choice and only missed a few pieces of the short answers.

 

I’m just praying I scored the 220 out of 300 needed to pass. That’s all I need….

One Response

  1. Sanidia

    Did you pass?

Post a comment

About this Blog

a native Texan moves to Atlanta, GA to experience the world of math education

Region
Metro Atlanta

Subscribe to this blog (feed)


Archives

Categories